Careers at Cochlear
A career with Cochlear means working together with passionate people dedicated to making an audible difference in people’s lives. You will learn and grow your skills for the future by solving complex problems and doing new things that shape our industry. Make a difference – jobs with impact
Our people say making a difference in the lives of others is the number one reason why they enjoy working at Cochlear.
Through our leading technology and services, we are working together to help people globally ‘Hear Now. And Always’. We do this by offering a lifelong partnership of trust built on continual technology advancements, leading product reliability and a track record of good science, to deliver the best possible hearing outcomes available.
Whatever career you chose at Cochlear, you will find the work interesting, challenging and rewarding. So whether your passion is in the design and development of leading edge technologies, manufacturing quality products, or supporting an industry leader with business processes in areas such as finance or marketing, you can make a significant and valued contribution to our organisation. As you develop your career, you will be collaborating with dedicated colleagues who share Cochlear’s core values of customer satisfaction, mutual respect, continuous improvement & innovation, performance, and professionalism.
What you will do
- Handle device investigation, perform test returned devices following the test plan to verify device failure, isolate faults and establish the root cause(s)
- Assist team in gathering background information to establish the reason(s) for the return of the device under test
- Perform tests required to assist Device Analysis team to determine or simulate specific failure modes and mechanisms
- Perform testing of devices and accessories to assist the business in improving quality and reliability issues
- Responsible to create, execute and release Device Analysis Reports
- Provide management and cross functional team with product failure analysis data
- Administer the receipt and closure of devices in the relevant Complaints Handling System
- Record results of testing in the appropriate documents e.g. complaint folder, lab book
- Develop logical reports based on investigation results
- Coordinate and control the processing of information from the Returned Devices and other relevant returned devices documentation in a timely and effective manner
- Upload Device Analysis Reports and other investigation information into the complaint handling system post analysis
- Manage archiving and retrieval of Device Analysis records and parts
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and work across the team to implement
- Assist with the calibration and maintenance status of test equipment and systems
- Monitor currency of procedures and recommend improvements
- Work with engineers to develop and introduce new tests and test methods
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:19th Aug 2019, 6:00 pm