The Customer KYC Due Diligence Specialist 5 is an entry-level position responsible for participating in Anti-Money Laundering (AML) monitoring, governance, oversight and regulatory reporting activities in coordination with the Compliance and Control team.
The overall objective of this role is to assist in the development and management of a dedicated internal KYC (Know Your Client) program at Citi.
What You Will Do
- Perform Customer Due Diligence (CDD) on individual or corporate customers on a risk-based approach.
- Conduct Trigger Event handling to ensure Anti-Money Laundering and internal Know Your Client policies are met.
- Conduct on-going monitoring of transactions through review of monthly exception reports, investigating into suspicious transactions.
- Initiate call to customer to obtain KYC information, for example, Source of Wealth (SOW), Source of Fund (SOF), and transaction activity reviews where judgement is required.
- Conduct proper investigation of money laundering alerts or transactions considered suspicious.
- Work closely and obtain missing information from Relationship Manager (RM).
- Ensure timely and efficient reporting of transactions considered suspicious.
- Determine gaps in processes, identifying innovative ways to solve problems.
- Comply with the Bank’s policies, guidelines and regulations at all time.
- Maintain a high standard of operational control / audit compliance.
- Support ad-hoc KYC/AML related assignments from time to time.
- Conduct sampling, inspection, and testing on disposition of Customer Due Diligence (CDD), Trigger Event.
- Work with analysts to provide guidance on errors found and ensure remediation is completed within timeline.
- Prepare metrics reporting and trend analysis with respect to the QA workflow for tracking performance of controls.
- Discuss any deficiencies, issues and trends identified during QA testing with supervisor and execute on plans to improve quality, e.g., refresher training to KYC Analysts.
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management.
- Assist with maintaining and updating Quality Assurance policies, procedures and program infrastructure.
- Assist with AML audit and exam-related activities.
Required Skills and Abilities
- 0-1 years of relevant experience.
- Fresh graduates encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree or high school diploma.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:8th Jan 2021, 6:00 pm