What You Will Do
Entry level during which an employee receives both functional and organizational training under close supervision. Incumbents carry out assignments within well-defined practices, procedures and policies. Works independently on details of assignments, and has limited decision-making authority, most decisions are made or guided by the immediate supervisor. Decisions/actions may have an impact on the department's/division’s goals.
Works under close Supervision and requires direction on how assignments are to be executed, begins to put forward ideas on how work assignments are completed. Establishes cooperative relationships to work effectively with colleagues, supports others and participates as a team member, and takes responsibility for own work commitments. Interacts directly with immediate supervisor, co-workers and team member, engages in routine exchanges of information, interactions with external contacts, if applicable, would be monitored.
Performs tasks such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Participates as a member of a customer focus team and acts as an interface between customers and the team.
- Receives, reviews and monitors status of customer orders.
- Works with internal and external customers to identify and resolve issues that may affect the on-time delivery of the product(s).
- Communicates customer requirements and issues in production meetings.
- Researches issues such as material, forecast, EDI transmission, and production problems and coordinates resolution with department managers, process owners or the customer.
- Maintains issues, complaints and corrective action requests for reporting purposes.
- Enters data into database ensuring root cause is reached and issue is closed. Troubleshoots return issues.
- Develops, maintains and generates all necessary performance reports and measurements for dissemination to internal staff.
- Tracks and resolves all issues and discrepancies pertaining to the creation of monthly management reports.
- Analyzes issues and problems to determine trends.
- Prepares, analyzes and distributes reports which may include open order status, placements, on time delivery, return metrics inventory and buffer stock status, order turn time, yields, forecasting accuracy, order coverage, shipments and reports for special customer requests.
- Assists more experienced team members in the preparation of new product, qualification and service quotes.
- Tracks project and billing and communicates status to team and customer.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the manufacturing process, schedules and scheduling requirements, and logistics.
- Knowledge of the business issues associated with manufacturing.
- Knowledge of customer contracts and terms.
- Excellent customer contact, negotiation and problem resolution skills.
- Good presentation, database management and computer skills.
- Knowledge of computer applications and the ability to accurately perform tasks in some or all of the following applications - Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to enter detailed data from source documents into various databases with speed and a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to manage multiple, detailed projects to a successful end while working under tight time deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of internal and external .
- Job Type:Graduate jobs
- Position Type:Full time
- Closing Date:17th July 2018, 6:00 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.