We are British American Tobacco, a truly global company with a highly successful past and an exciting future ahead. As one of the leading tobacco and nicotine companies across the globe, we are always looking to offer our consumers new products, choices and advanced technologies.
As a global company in a fast-paced industry, we’re undergoing some of the most exciting changes in our history. It is the perfect opportunity to join and help shape our journey. It is a chance to take control in a challenging environment and do something that you are passionate about.
British American Tobacco (BAT) Malaysia's Internship Programme is a getaway for College and University students to gain realistic work experience. As an intern, you will be given the opportunity to be in the midst of a professional work environment in a business area that is relevant to you.
Throughout your unique experience as an intern, you will become part of the BAT family. Our interns will be challenged to tackle real situations with the objective of contributing to our business needs. Working alongside BAT Malaysia Managers. There is an inevitable opportunity to learn from highly-skilled professionals. You will be amongst a diverse group of top-class talent within a constructive fun learning environment.
During the internship with the Finance function, you will be established real goals and measure your performance against a structured set of functional competencies. Without a doubt, this valuable learning experience in a realistic environment will enable you to discover your true potential you set off on your journey into the workforce.
What You Will Do
During your nine-month internship period you will be exposed to below responsibilities:
- Financial Reporting – Responsible for extraction of information from SAP and assist Assistant Manager to prepare financial statements for annual and quarterly submission for the BAT end markets.
- Sales and Services Tax (SST) – Preparation of SST returns monthly for BAT entities (Malaysia).
- Withholding Tax (WHT) – Preparation of WHT documentation weekly for BAT entities (Malaysia).
- Balance Sheet Recon (BSR) Report – Assist to prepare BSR report monthly for BAT entities (Malaysia).
- Support Assistant Manager with ad-hoc analysis and activities in order to achieve company’s overall objectives.
- Customized reporting - assisting Assistant Manager to prepare customized reporting based on specific software.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:2nd Oct 2020, 6:00 pm