BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization - To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day.
Come be a part of this journey!
An opportunity has arisen for a motivated and energized intern to join the CFOM team - The CFOM team is responsible for delivering our core monthly and quarterly financial planning and reporting activities on time, in full, and in full compliance with our business KPIs and controls.
Reports to - GBS Corporate Finance Manager.
- Opportunity to grow within Finance team and expose in several projects in Finance function.
- Gain valuable work experience with global multifunctional and high performing team.
What You Will Do
- Assist in business functions in the areas of Corporate Finance.
- Driving the statutory and management accounting reporting process, verifying the reasonableness of the various financial reports, ad-hoc FI&A requests, and supporting various decision points from the monthly rolling planning (IBPM) process.
- Problem solving, communication with a variety of stakeholders, and ability to provide advice on or explain technical concepts will also be regular components of this role.
- You will be exposed to a dynamic Corporate Finance team during some of our busiest annual deliverables, gaining valuable experience whilst contributing to the success of the team during this period.
- Ensure OTIF completion of month-end close activities, ensuring a robust control environment is always maintained.
- Perform analytical review to ensure the movements vs. previous periods or vs. the previous forecast make sense.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant controls (including SOX) within the scope of the role.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives to simplify our ways of working and enhance efficiency & effectiveness.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Final year students or graduate from Accounting/Finance Degree or Professional Certification.
- Eager to learn, dedicated, resourceful and able to work in fast paced environment.
- Good interpersonal skills, digital savvy, and a team player.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Banking and Finance
- Closing Date:9th Oct 2021, 6:00 pm