The BASF Shared Services Center Kuala Lumpur was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, it has approximately 700 employees and provides functional services in the areas of Finance, Controlling, Information Services, Human Resources, Environment, Health & Safety, Procurement, and Import-Export Order Management to BASF companies and affiliates in 17 markets across Asia Pacific. BASF also has three other Shared Service Centers that cover Europe and the Americas, located in Berlin and Ludwigshafen, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay.
Objectives of the Position:
To bring in fresh and adaptable talent with different synergy and perspective to increase the diversification and improving resilience.
A development and rotational position to provide overall picture with visibility of all subject area in Business Reporting.
To develop and build the dot connection for 4 subject area in Business Reporting with the designed learning and development framework in 24 months.
What You Will Do
Functional Tasks (Inclusive but not Limited):
- To understand and deliver Business Reporting services to BASF’s internal customers, in accordance with established Business Reporting processes and work procedures and in compliance with BASF policies, Internal Control requirements and Local Company legal and statutory requirements.
- To develop system technical and process knowledge in 4 different clustering or subject with 6 months rotation in each cluster to understand the connection from one to another.
- To demonstrate and understand the connection between business strategy and process operational activity with the effect and impact to the organization.
- To have clear understanding on given task, project and profile assignment in different subjects; deliver, execute and accomplish the task as per given timeline accurately.
- To know how to trouble shoot and resolve issues related to Business Reporting process. To identify the impact and the connection of different subject by working with relevant stakeholders on the queries and issues.
- To recommend any suggestions and improvements to influence wider decision making via appropriate channel.
- To act as business partner for BASF's internal customer to suggest and discuss workable solution with customer.
- To support and perform other duties as and when required and assigned.
- To understand and ensure compliance to BASF policies, guidelines, local regulation and statutory requirements.
- To contribute and support Business Reporting Lead Manager, Manager, Process Expert, Subject Area Lead in the implementation of project and continuous improvements, transition and migration projects, and team strategic plan.
- To collaborate and support local counterpart team, service management team, regional and country controllers, plant personnel and other Finance service work streams.
- To establish good interpersonal relationships by helping team members feel valued, appreciated and aware of business performance issues.
- To perform tasks in accordance with the service management framework, by providing a timely and accurate service.
- To ensure customer queries are attended and resolved timely, responsible and proactive manner.
- To ensure all tasks are processed within agreed service timeline.
Quality and Continuous Improvement:
- Identify, recommend and implement solutions in consultation with Lead Manager, Manager, Process Expert, and Subject Area Lead for continuous improvement opportunities.
- To support standardization across regions and globally by focusing on alignment of end-to-end business process areas, system and tools with solution provided to business partner and stakeholders.
- Committed to continuous learning, sharing the learning and encouraging learning in others. Passion to learn and upskill.
- To contribute and support in establishing knowledge database, also of work problems encountered and steps for resolution to facilitate continuous learning, development and cross sharing of knowledge throughout Business Reporting team. This is including to document any exceptions to the country's end to end process, carry out postmortem for each month end in preparation of Team meeting.
Professional Guidance / Multiple Reporting Lines:
- Develop understanding and follow BASF Group guidelines; accounting and reporting guidelines.
- Understand and follow local regulation and statutory requirements.
- Collaborate with counterparts and/or relevant stakeholders in BASF companies, internal auditors and the other BSSCKL functional teams.
- Work closely with Lead Managers, Managers, Subject Area Lead, Team Specialist, Lead Analysts and peer team members.
Frequent Cooperation Outside BASF Group:
- Liaison with external consultants, auditors etc.
Degree of Supervision Required in the Job:
- Coaching and mentoring with regular progress review and assessment with evaluation.
Required Skills and Abilities
- University degree in finance and accounting or business studies.
- Possesses knowledge in data science, business analytics, and statistics.
- Final year student or fresh graduate with less than one year working experience.
- Dynamic, achievement oriented and good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and experience of MS office tools.
- Proficiency in English and other languages as required with good communication skills.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business and...
- Closing Date:8th Jan 2021, 6:00 pm