Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries.
With a presence in Asia Pacific for more than 60 years, Bank of America combines local knowledge and global expertise to offer market-leading products and services across Global Banking and Markets. Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia.
Hong Kong and Singapore being our big hubs in the regions but our presence in the South-East Asia countries (Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand and Singapore) is prominent as well.
South-East Asia Local Talent Diversity Program (LTDP):
Bank of America is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission are to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business.
The LTDP program focuses on hiring diverse and local talent in the SEA countries. This program has helped us:
- Attract graduates and junior talent into the local workforce.
- Create opportunities for overseas graduates/fresh talent wanting to return to their home country and contribute to the local economy and develop resources for the local banking environment.
- It also gives an opportunity to work and gain experience in the “World’s Best Bank” and “Asia’s best bank for Corporate Social Responsibility” – all recent awards by Euromoney.
Bank of America Investment Banking desk is seeking a local talent to join the team as a 12 Month Bank Contractor as part of our Local Talent Diversity Program.
This role requires a detailed understanding of investment banking whilst working within clearly defined risk parameters. Candidates will be expected to analyze complex situations and be capable of critical thinking in a time sensitive manner.
The job will be based in Malaysia and working within a busy and dynamic team, this role requires a capable individual help drive growth across the desk.
What You Will Do
- An investment banking candidate who will cover corporate and institutional clients (corporates, asset managers, hedge funds, pension and insurance, banks, and supras/sovereigns).
- Will work with lead investment bankers to develop client relationships. Will be mentored / trained.
- Must have a solution-based sales approach and be proactive in delivering the Firm’s resources and capabilities to clients.
- Build connectivity between priority clients and key personnel.
- Identify new business opportunities with existing and prospective clients.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Knowledge of investment banking, with particular focus on M&A, ECM, and DCM.
- Solid quantitative and analytical skills, the ability to think quickly and make sound decisions in high stress situations.
- Passion for financial markets and a fast-paced environment.
- Solid written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Driven and an action oriented.
- Ideally proficient with Bloomberg, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Investment Banking
- Closing Date:17th Jul 2021, 6:00 pm