AstraZeneca is a global, innovative biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that encourages innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energised and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
Global Finance Services is at the heart of the Finance function - accountable to the AstraZeneca (AZ) Group for the design and delivery of high quality, simple to operate transactional finance processes that enable our customers to focus on AZ’s strategic priorities.
You will be responsible to carry out transaction processing activities within a specified process area to meet the needs of both internal and external customers. You will support process improvement initiatives as outlined in our scorecard and perform day to day and the month-end close accounting activities.
What You Will Do
- Deliver professional and consistent service to customers.
- Perform various tasks related to handling transaction processing within well-defined guidelines, including resolving basic queries and investigations in a timely manner.
- Carry out all reporting requirements accurately and within specified timescales. Analyses collections and reports AR related accounts and other accounts as assigned to ensure all long outstanding items are action timely.
- Support the development/changes in systems, transactions and processes. This includes preparing and updating process documentation. Pro actively contributes in implementation of global initiatives and project migration.
- Support team lead in activities to enhance the effectiveness of the team. This includes helping new joiners to successfully settle into their new role in their stream.
- Provide support in driving C2C’s important metric on working capital. This includes reduction in overdue for receivables, increase rate of Collection to Terms (CTT) percentage and support business in reducing Days Sales Outstanding (DSO).
- Ensure compliance to key controls as identified in the FCF/SOX documentation.
- Generate, compile and analyse KPI metrics related to C2C Collection team function at month end.
Required Skills and Abilities
- You should have at least a Degree in Accounting, Commerce or equivalent.
- Possess 1-2 years of accounting work experiences. Fresh graduates are also encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge and experience in SAP is an advantage.
- Experience of working in a shared service centre across a global /large organization.
- Good communication skill and proficient in English.
- Able to communicate in Mandarin is a plus.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Business and Commerce
- Closing Date:30th Apr 2020, 6:00 pm