A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
We are truly global, and our 15,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion.
As a Graduate, you will aim to develop key knowledge and skills that will allow you to provide a high quality of consultant services.
This may take the form of undertaking relevant modelling, analytical research, and design work within your relevant business area. There will be a structured career plan and development program to assist you in attaining the desired level of knowledge and skills.
What You Will Do
- Introduction to various aspect of tunnel design and construction.
- Assist in the production tunnel designs for the infrastructure group.
- Coordinate and liaise with other disciplines in producing tunnel designs.
- Manage the production of drawings and reports and prepare coordinating civil/structural/geotechnical specifications.
- Attend internal meetings and discussions.
- You will be expected to work under close supervision for a period of time under the senior tunnel engineer or tunnel team leader within a defined area of responsibility. This will include - Investigation, design, analysis and modelling, technical documentation, technical presentation, tender submissions.
- Support design and technical consultation from other disciplines in tunnel design.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Awareness/knowledge of coding and scripting software (e.g., grasshopper, Python, FME, or similar).
- Proactive and keen to pick up new skills.
- Good team player.
- Able to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Good communications skills (both written and verbal).
- Supporting the firm’s compliance in maintaining ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 requirement.
- Other relevant duties as required.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Civil Structural
- Closing Date:26th Aug 2021, 6:00 pm