A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, we attract a diverse mix of people to work on groundbreaking projects around the world.
We are truly global, and our 15,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion. Our Asia offices employ approximately 2,800 staff and are engaged in prestigious multi-disciplinary projects covering buildings, infrastructure, advisory services, planning and technical consulting areas. We embrace equality, diversity and inclusion in all aspects including individual differences and open-mindedness.
Currently we are looking for capable and independent individuals for the following positions as part of the Infrastructure team.
About the Program:
We fully understand that when you're starting out, you're hungry to explore possibilities. That's why the Graduate Development Program we run in Australasia are filled with opportunities to discover all that Arup has to offer: a fantastic launch pad for your career!
Over the course of the Arup Graduate Development Program as a graduate, you will have the opportunity to complete a variety of customized training modules. You will spend time in these workshops with your graduate peers, from a variety of different disciplines, building fundamental business and communication skills aimed at developing staff into well-rounded professionals. The Arup GDP comprises a number of both compulsory and optional training modules.
Specialist technical training will also be provided in a number of areas as determined and organized by your specific group.
What You Will Do
As a Graduate you will work on defined tasks relating to your appointed Business Unit with limited supervision:
- You will assist more experienced members of staff with the analysis of information, production of designs and computations.
- You will assist in the preparation of specifications, proposals and other documentation under supervision. In achieving this you will apply a variety of standard methods and techniques in solving problems.
- You will be accountable for submitting a high quality of work that is accurate of which may take the form of routine letters; reports; standard documentation; presentations, etc.
- You will be accountable for providing all information in an articulate and organized manner in a within the agreed timeframes.
Specific tasks may include the following:
Cold Water and Sanitary Plumbing Services:
- Design requirement.
- Pumping system calculation.
- Distribution piping calculation.
Air Conditioning and Mechanical Ventilation Services:
- Type of air conditioning system.
- Heat Load Calculations.
- Pressure drop calculations (air and water).
- Ductwork design.
- Chilled water design.
Fire Protection Services:
- Sprinkler system.
- Hose reel system.
- Wet and dry riser system.
- Fire alarm and detection system.
- Portable fire extinguishing.
- Gaseous extinguishing system.
- Coordination with other disciplines inside Arup.
- Preparation of schedules.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Mechanical Degree.
- Be able to design and deliver engineering solutions on projects.
- Microsoft Office: Outlook 2007 or similar (Intermediate), Word (Intermediate), Excel (Basic - Intermediate) and PowerPoint (Basic).
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels in both technical and non-technical environments.
- Effective written communication and report writing skills.
- Ability to maintain personal effectiveness particularly during periods of higher-than-normal workload.
- Ability to remain positively motivated and foster team spirit at times of significant pressure, including assisting others to meet deadlines.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:20th Mar 2021, 6:00 pm