A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, we attract a diverse mix of people to work on groundbreaking projects around the world.
We are truly global, and our 15,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion. Our Asia offices employ approximately 2,800 staff and are engaged in prestigious multi-disciplinary projects covering buildings, infrastructure, advisory services, planning and technical consulting areas. We embrace equality, diversity and inclusion in all aspects including individual differences and open-mindedness.
Currently we are looking for capable and independent individuals for the following positions as part of the Infrastructure team.
About the Program:
Over the course of the Arup Graduate Development Program as a graduate, you will have the opportunity to complete a variety of customized training modules. You will spend time in these workshops with your graduate peers, from a variety of different disciplines, building fundamental business and communication skills aimed at developing staff into well-rounded professionals. The Arup GDP comprises a number of both compulsory and optional training modules.
Specialist technical training will also be provided in a number of areas as determined and organized by your specific group.
What You Will Do
As a Graduate, you will work on defined tasks relating to the geotechnical works within the Infrastructure Group with limited supervision:
- You will assist more experienced members on geotechnical database management where coding and scripting skills may be required to make your work more efficient.
- You will assist more experienced members of the group with geotechnical analysis of foundations, Earth Retaining Stabilizing Structure (ERSS), slopes, ground improvement, geo-seismic and geo-hazard.
- You will assist in the preparation of specifications, proposals, and other documentation under supervision. In achieving this you will apply a variety of standard methods and techniques in solving problems.
- You will be accountable for submitting a high-quality work that is accurate of which may take the form of routine letters; reports; standard documentation; presentations, etc.
- You will be accountable for providing all information in an articulate and organized manner within the agreed timeframes.
- Participating in team meetings, interdisciplinary meetings and external meetings as determined by more experienced members.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Civil engineering degree and a strong interest in specializing in Geotechnics.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Awareness/knowledge of coding and scripting software (e.g., grasshopper, Python, FEM, or similar).
- Awareness/knowledge of digital tools (e.g., GIS, OpenGround, gINT, Leapfrog, or similar).
- Awareness/knowledge of finite element software, i.e., Plaxis or similar.
- Be able to design and deliver geotechnical engineering solutions using geotechnical software.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels in both technical and non-technical environments.
- Effective written communication and report writing skills.
- Ability to maintain personal effectiveness particularly during periods of higher-than-normal workload.
- Ability to remain positively motivated and foster team spirit at times of significant pressure, including assisting others to meet deadlines.
- Desire to excel.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Civil Structural, Engineering Geotechnical
- Closing Date:20th Mar 2021, 6:00 pm