A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
We are truly global, and our 15,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion.
As a Graduate, you will aim to develop key knowledge and skills that will allow you to provide a high quality of consultant services.
This may take the form of undertaking relevant modelling, analytical research, and design work within your relevant business area.
There will be a structured career plan and development program to assist you in attaining the desired level of knowledge and skills.
What You Will Do
About the Role:
- You will assist more experienced members of staff with the analysis of information, production of designs and computations.
- You will assist in the preparation of specifications, proposals and other documentation under supervision. In achieving this you will apply a variety of standard methods and techniques in solving problems.
- You will be accountable for submitting a high quality of work that is accurate of which may take the form of routine letters; reports; standard documentation; presentations, etc.
- You will be accountable for providing all information in an articulate and organized manner in a within the agreed timeframes.
Specific Tasks May Include the Following:
- Design calculations and simulations (load estimation, voltage drop, earth loop impedance, lux level calculation and simulation, etc.
- Produce electrical engineering design by producing engineering layouts and schematics. This includes high voltage, low voltage, extra low voltage and communication system / services.
- To provide space planning and utilization.
- Familiarize with authority requirements, codes, standards and regulation.
- Coordination with other disciplines within Arup.
- Work in multi-disciplinary teams with clients, architects, structural engineers and other consultants.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Electrical Engineering or relevant Degree.
- Be able to design and deliver engineering solutions on projects.
- Microsoft Office: Outlook 2007 or similar (Intermediate), Word (Intermediate), Excel (Basic - Intermediate) and PowerPoint (Basic).
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels in both technical and non-technical environments.
- Effective written communication and report writing skills.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Electrical
- Closing Date:6th May 2021, 6:00 pm