A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
We are truly global, and our 15,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion.
As a Graduate, you will aim to develop key knowledge and skills that will allow you to provide a high quality of consultant services.
This may take the form of undertaking relevant modelling, analytical research, coordination and design work within your relevant business area.
There will be a structured career plan and development program to assist you in attaining the desired level of knowledge and skills.
What You Will Do
- You will assist more experienced members of staff with the analysis of information, coordination and delivery of designs and computations. This will include assisting on specific parts of an internal or external design projects, managing, coordination and delivery of design packages.
- You will assist in the preparation of specifications, proposals and other documentation under close supervision. In achieving this you will apply a variety of standard methods and techniques in solving problems.
- You will assist in the commercial and contract management of projects, including cost estimating, monitoring, and reporting on projects.
- You will be accountable for submitting a high quality of work that is accurate of which may take the form of routine letters; reports; standard documentation; presentations, authority submissions etc.
- You will be accountable for providing all information in an articulate and organized manner in a within the agreed timeframes.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Possess relevant engineering degree.
- Be committed to obtain a Professional Qualification from a recognized engineering institution.
- Be able to design and deliver engineering solutions on projects.
- Contributing to a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines is essential.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal).
- Highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges.
- Microsoft Office - Outlook 2013 or similar, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Alignment Software's.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels in both technical and non-technical environments.
- Effective written communication and report writing skills.
- Ability to maintain personal effectiveness particularly during periods of higher-than-normal workload.
- Ability to remain positively motivated and foster team spirit at times of significant pressure, including assisting others to meet deadlines.
- Desire to excel.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:6th May 2021, 6:00 pm