What you do at AMD changes everything - At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world.
If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Technical, hands-on engineer responsible for Datacenter Server SoC Post-Silicon features validation and enablement at the silicon SoC level up through BIOS, system firmware, and OS levels on AMD Server products.
This individual will be primarily responsible for interfacing with silicon, firmware, and platform design groups to develop and execute validation test plans for Datacenter Server SoC products during emulation and post-silicon bring-up / validation, to debug SoC feature issues, and to run and maintain validation infrastructure.
What You Will Do
- Develop and execute feature enablement and validation test plans for SoC- and system-level SoC features across all AMD Server products.
- Develop post-silicon validation infrastructure (software, hardware, automation environment, and lab setup).
- Test interactions between various SoC features using validation infrastructure.
- Debug and drive root-cause analysis for SoC related issues.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in developing tools to improve SoC validation and debug.
- Work with cross-functional teams to improve post-silicon validation test strategy, methodology, and process.
Required Skills and Abilities
- An understanding of modern x86 microprocessor architecture and Server platform architecture is highly desired.
- Experience developing validation methodologies and infrastructure.
- Test plan and test development experience.
- Participated in silicon bring up and debug, support to internal engineering teams.
- Debug skills at both SoC and system level.
- Familiarity with programming / scripting language (C/C++, Python, Perl, ...).
- Working knowledge of Server OSes (Linux, Windows).
- Must be a self-starting team player with excellent communication skills who can work with minimal guidance.
- Forward thinker that drives improvement to development process, code architecture and fosters a spirit of innovation and continuous improvement.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Working knowledge of lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and protocol analyzers.
- Hypervisor experience is a plus with regards to security encryption in virtualized environments.
- Self-organizing and the ability multitask based on priorities.
Student with electrical & electronics, Computer engineering background.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Electrical
- Closing Date:3rd May 2022, 6:00 pm