At Teleport, our mission is to make it easy and seamless to move goods, and e-commerce anywhere in Southeast Asia, and beyond. We believe trade is an enabler for both businesses and consumers, and we are opening up our products, and infrastructure to make it as easy for the single merchant or the largest companies to transport things quickly, and painlessly. It should simply work, like magic.
Backed by AirAsia - the world’s best low-cost carrier 11 times running with the largest network in Southeast Asia, we transport cargo to 100+ cities across Asia and are at the frontlines of this large (US$10+ billion), but backward space.
We are focused on building a logistics infrastructure for the modern world - using data to enable the physical movement of goods, delivering a same-day experience as standard for everyone, and investing to disrupt ourselves before someone else does.
To keep up with Teleport’s growing list of exciting business opportunities, we are looking for an outstanding individual who thrives on big challenges, thinks creatively and analytically to solve hard problems, and consistently delivers great results despite the odds to fill the position of Intern Data Scientist.
You will be part of the Data Team specializing in Data Analytics, Data Engineering, Data Science, and Operation Intelligence reporting directly to the Team Lead. You will be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
What You Will Do
Here’s what an ordinary day looks like:
- You will be given the opportunity to develop machine learning (ML) models and components using Python, Scikit-learn, AutoML etc.
- You will have exposure to Google Cloud Platform (CGP) and its components i.e., SQL-BigQuery, Data Studio, Compute Engine, GKE etc.
- You will have exposure to Agile Project Management techniques and participate in project execution i.e., using SCRUM methodology.
- You will understand the importance of ITIL/ITSM, technical documentation and version control by using tools i.e., Jira, Confluence, GitLab and etc.
- You will be exposure to the Data Lake and best practices, performing data validation against legacy vs BQ scripts.
- Independently coordinate with other Data Team members and cross-functional communication within the Company and/or its subsidiaries to ensure completeness of data projects.
- Assist the Data Team Lead to implement and coordinate ad-hoc initiatives.
At the onset, you may be culture-shocked working in AirAsia and with the Teleport team. To help you adapt better, we would like to share our beliefs on leadership. Put simply, you are a leader, and good leaders exhibit the following behaviors:
- Roll up their sleeves as needed, and never delegate work that one would not be willing to do themselves.
- Do what is needed to get things done, as they believe speed is more important than anything else to effect change.
- Over communicate, particularly as they are all quite autonomous.
- Take care of our staff and treat them as they would want to be treated.
- Are rigid on goals, but flexible on the details.
Required Skills and Abilities
- An understanding of Machine Learning algorithms and interest in applying it at scale.
- Good knowledge in Python, SQL is highly desirable.
- Experience in Google cloud platforms will be an added advantage.
- Experience in working with large data sets to solve problems is an added advantage.
- Good experience using Google/Office suite i.e., documentations, spreadsheets and presentations.
- A team player, willing to multitask where additional help is required and communicate well with the team members.
- High attention to detail, without losing sight of the big picture.
- Passionate about your work and a desire to have a big impact.
These are skills that are ‘nice-to-have’ and will make you stand-out in the job application:
- An inquisitive mind to learn about business operations.
- Keen interest in stakeholder engagement & relationship management.
- Enthusiasm for Teleport and what we are doing.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Has/pursuing a degree in disciplines related to Science/Engineering.
- Fluency in English and business terminology.
- Job type:Internships
Data Science and Analytics, Engineering, Science
- Closing Date:22nd Jun 2021, 6:00 pm