We are looking for a graduate intern to join the team. The ideal candidate should be proactive, equipped with a good attitude and willing to learn. The ability to converse fluently in a second language is an added advantage.
The successful candidate will learn to handle internal/external communications and work with media (online, print, broadcast, radio across all industries). In this role, the candidate will build a foundation in understanding the intricacies of media relations, adapting to the various styles of writing for all the lines of businesses across the group (three main focus pillars: travel, e-commerce, fintech). The successful candidate will also learn skills to manage all types of stakeholders from both internal and external throughout the internship.
You will be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Purpose of Role:
The graduate intern/interns will have opportunities to support the team on day-to-day campaign executions ranging across various industries focusing on three main pillars, which are travel, e-commerce and fintech.
He/she will be assigned a mentor who will be providing support and guidance in the initial stage; and help him/her learn and adapt to the communications industry and business environment.
What You Will Do
- Assist the Media Relations team in their day-to-day work.
- Support Project Management - to assist HODs, Executives with their projects.
- Support Events Management forum where applicable/appropriate.
- Assist in Corporate Communications & Issues Management where necessary.
- Draft Corporate & Business Writing - press releases, speeches, briefing documents with guidance from mentor/managers.
Supports the day-to-day challenges across the AirAsia Com value chain and all classes of business. May be asked to support setting up other entities with agreement of the direct reporting manager.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Student or graduate with a Diploma or Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related field.
- Good presentation and writing skills in English, and fluency in translations between English and Mandarin.
- Familiar with social media networks and platforms.
Fast paced, virtual, and diversified business that requires the successful candidate to possess:
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills who is flexible, willing to learn, and to take on new challenges.
- Multitasking ability but able to work independently and under pressure with good time management.
- Diverse and inclusive mindset who is able to work with different cultures, skill levels and different ways of working.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:16th Oct 2021, 6:00 pm