A brand has its own identity, attitude, beliefs, story and character – and just like many successful startups, Teleport is our new identity and our story to tell. We are in the midst of formulating a brand identity that has relevant content with an emotional promise and has an appealing personality. This brand of ours coupled with our current fast paced on-goings (new deals, new brand image, new hires, new JVs) should be effectively communicated both internally amongst our Teleport family and externally with our stakeholders and the public.
We are looking for a thoughtful, creative and open-minded communicator. As an intern, you will be working with a team of 3-4 and will be based out of our office in RedQ. You will be expected to be performing this role on a Full-Time basis during your internship tenure.
The role reports to the Branding & Communications Manager and you will be assigned to an Executive who will be your supervisor/mentor. You will fit perfectly if you enjoy a fast-paced working environment with passionate colleagues. Having a strong, organized and structured way of delivering your thoughts will make you stand out in this application!
What You Will Do
As a start up, you can expect your days to be pretty varied. Multitasking is normal, and sometimes, your skills or natural talents will be leveraged to support other business priorities. That said, the bulk of your working hours should involve you having to:
- Create informative and interesting written, video or graphic content for internal and external communications.
- Assist in organising media related and internal events.
- Assist in preparing internal reports, translations and documents.
- Assist in any projects that the Branding & Communications team is involved in.
At the onset, you may be culture-shocked working in AirAsia and with the Teleport team. To help you adapt better, we would like to share our beliefs on leadership.
Put simply, you are a leader, we all are leaders and good leaders:
- Roll up their sleeves as needed, and never delegate work that one would not be willing to do themselves.
- Do what is needed to get things done, as they believe speed is more important than anything else to effect change.
- Over communicate, particularly as they are all quite autonomous.
- Take care of our staff, and treat them as they would want to be treated.
- Are rigid on goals, but flexible on the details.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Final year in communication, public relations, journalism, marketing or relevant fields of studies.
- Time- sensitive on the on goings and deadlines.
- Creative and open mindedness.
- People person and team player.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
These are Skills that are ‘Nice-to-Have’ and will make You stand-out in the job application:
- Detailed oriented and thoughtfulness that are translated in the deliveries of your work.
- Able to write and speak well in Bahasa Malaysia or Mandarin.
- Must be able to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Job type:Internships
Communications, Journalism, Marketing and Sales
- Closing Date:30th Jan 2020, 6:00 pm